Pages

Comments are welcome and very much appreciated!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Heartfelt -A Tropical Road Trip

Good morning!

This week we are debuting the new Young at Heart Collection...It is so cute with cars, trucks and planes.
I decided to go the tropical "route" for my travel card today.  The piece of paper I used on the last page with the truck under the Palm tree was my inspiration for the entire card.


Brown Fun Foam used to raise the Journey letters.











Heartfelt-A Tropical Road Trip

Heartfelt Creations Products:
HCD1-7158  Young At Heart Die
HCD1-7159  Simply Classic Die
HCPC-3800  Young At Heart Stamp Set
HCPC-3801  Simply Classic Stamp Set
HCPC-3802  Good Times Sentiment Stamp Set
HCDP1-283  Young At Heart Paper Collection
HCD1-7137  Tropical Paradise Die
HCD1-7136  Tropical Cockatoo Die
HCD1-7135  Tropical Plumeria Die
HCPC-3783  Tropical Paradise Stamp Set
HCPC-3782  Tropical Plumeria Stamp Set
HCPC-3781  Tropical Cockatoo Stamp Set
HCD1-7132  Palm tree & Monkeys Die
HCPC-3777  Palm tree & Monkeys Stamp Set
HCD1-7150  Window Box Elements Die
HCD1-796   Tropical Hibiscus Die
HCPC-3736  Tropical Hibiscus Stamp Set
HCD1-7125  Wildwood Florals Die
HCPC-3769  Wildwood Florals Stamp Set
HCD1-778   Fleur Borders and Pockets Die
HCD2-752   Cut Mat Create 2B Die
HCD1-7120  Fleur Border Basics Die
HCLC1-454-1 6X6 Layered Circle Card-Black
HCD1-754   Eyelet Circle and Basic Small Dies
HCD1-755   Circle Basics Large Dies
HCD1-757   Eyelet Oval and Basic Large Dies
PGM15015   Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear
HCDA1-449  Stack and Store Daubers
NU666      Nuvo  Carnation Pink
NU673      Nuvo  Dandelion Yellow
ANC818     Go Man Go Prills
352854     Metal Tip
TSMP707    Memento    Bamboo Leaves
TSMP602    Memento Teal Zeal
TSMP900    Memento Tuxedo Black
HCST1-401  Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
31510      Funnel Tray


Instructions- Other products:Memento Cantaloupe, Distress Inks: Picked Raspberries, Dried Mandarin, Mowed Lawn,Shabby Shutters. Citron, Peacock, Lemonade, Copic Colors: Y32, Y17, YG11, YG41, B00, B02, BV10, BV02 R21, C02, C03, C05, G2, YG63, YR65, YR01, E97, Y11, Y15, E43, E44, E87, Nuvo light green, Flower Soft Yellow, Pearls, acrylic dots, gold half balls, Fun Foam-brown and white, sheer green ribbon.

Instructions:  6" X 6" Tunnel Card.  I decided to get my tropical supplies out for this card because of the panel I used for the last page, a truck under a palm Tree. Sometimes a piece of paper is the inspiration that gets me going and that was definitely the case with this card.  I started out by putting the tunnel card together and then finding, measuring and cutting paper for each side of each page. I cut my paper to size and then place the right size circle in the hole and draw a line with pencil, take the paper out, line up the die and cut.  I will cut both panels needing the same size hole at one time.   Sponge the edges of each panel with Distress Inks (in this case I sponged each page a little darker shade of the paper color). Cut the circle frames for each hole with a coordinating card stock using the circle dies large and small sets.  Sponged a darker shade on the inside of the circle frame.  I then started stamping and die cutting all the embellishments I wanted to use, either sponged color on or used my Copics to color, formed all the flowers and put them together to have everything ready for building my "book" tunnel card.  For the front and back of my book, I glued ribbon on before adding my paper so that there would be a little tie to hold the book closed.  To decorate I always start with the cover and work my way down.  I thought the beautiful birds would be perfect for my theme, so placed them with foam tape and added greenery and flowers around them.  My "Journey" was stamped and die cut twice so that I could raise the letters. I used brown Fun Foam between the layers to elevate.   My next page has the fun classic truck colored in a light coral.  I added the "best wishes" banner to the back of the truck, some decorative corners, and Hibiscus as well as land for the truck to travel over.  Page 2 features the classic convertible, a palm tree, flamingo, plumeria and decorative pockets.  Page 3 features the VW Bug, palm tree, flamingo, hibiscus, plumeria, and decorative window topper (from Winter's eve) and the last page features my inspiration panel with the truck and palm tree (the center circle is popped up with white Fun Foam),  it also has the decorative pockets, plumeria, and decorative window topper.  All the small flowers, I used throughout the little book as fillers, are from the Wildwood Florals.

 Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

        Psalm 8:3-4

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained, 

What is man that You are mindful of him...

Psalm 139:13-16
13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[b]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Robin this is stunning.

gr karin

Susie Williams said...

Ooooohhhhhh mate, what can I say! This is yet another jaw dropping spectacular creation. I am constantly amazed at the amount of work and heart that goes into each and every one of your creations. Thank you for sharing your incredible talent and for always inspiring me my dear friend. Did ya notice that I behaved myself and didn't call you my sistah from anudder mudder. xxxx

SussiPoppins said...

.....so many details....loving this one! Inky hugs

Glenda said...

This is so cool! I have to say I love all the color choices and think it is very creative! Well done!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Love all of these gorgeous colors Robin! Every page is so beautiful!

Patricia Manhire said...

Wow - this is amazing and I love all the details you have put into this!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Amazing details, Robin! I love that you went with a tropical theme...what could be better than traveling in classic style in warm paradise! Great design!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - this took some time and talent to put together! what a beautiful creation!